CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Home Addition Days 4 & 5

Monday the inspector came and went...just about that fast too. Ok'd everything but said that the edge around the outside of the patio had to be deeper. So the workers returned to dig a trench along the outside edge. By that time it was too late to get the concrete. I think there was also a backup or shortage of concrete anyway.




So bright and early Tuesday morning they showed up to finish prep work and just before I had to take the kids to school the cement truck showed up.









Brendan was happy that he at least got to see the truck and a little of what they were doing...but he was NOT happy to go to school. I think that will be a common theme til the end of school. But then I'm planning on being a "horrible" mom and take them up to Utah for a week or so during the main house construction. Hopefully, seeing his cousins, grandparents and going "fun" places will keep his mind off of it and put me back in good graces with him.





First wheel barrow full.











I'm glad they didn't track up my "nice" carpet with the wheel barrow.





















They finished just after lunch time. Boy they were fast. I thought it would be a full days job.




I'm glad Lance had preschool and Ryne took a nap during that time so I didn't have to worry about "little" fingers making their mark in the concrete.













But of course I had to make mine. By the time the kids came home from school it was already too dry to put our footprints in so I had to settle for stick figures. Oh well.






They said it needs another day to finish drying and hardening. So the Stucco workers should be here tomorrow to remove the outside stucco wall then the framers will be here Monday. The days get pushed around depending on what happens...but it's normal to have some delays right? Plus that gives me a few more days to pack and de clutter. Ugh!









No comments: