Just realized its been over a month since my last post and people are starting to ask what our house looks like and if it's done yet. So I'm posting lots of pictures...and no it's not done yet...I am really starting to dislike inspectors.
Ok so after the framing was done the electricians and plumbers did their thing which took a couple of weeks...not straight working and there were a few delays for inspections, etc.
This is the new bath...
Air conditioning duct work in place.
Outside side view of house with framing complete.
The ceiling of the downstairs bathroom had to be torn apart to put the piping through for the additional bath upstairs.
And another view of the downstairs bath ceiling...I'm just extremely glad they didn't have to go into Ange's bedroom to do it. The fewer people that I have to disrupt in the house the better.
And a full view of the addition with framing complete, windows, in and arches up. Looks so pretty!
Once the ducts, electrical and plumbing were in then the insulation could be put in. Boy that made SUCH a huge difference in the temperature upstairs. We had the vents blocked off except our bedroom and the temp. would read in the upper 90's before the insulation and now its down in the low 80's! Soooo nice.
It took the workers about a day to put up all the paper and wire that goes under the stucco layers...sorry I can't remember the technical terms for it.
And of course in the mean time the roofers were doing their thing up top. Brendan had to take these pictures because I was NOT going up there.
So this is what it currently looks like with the first 2 layers of stucco on. We have to wet it down twice a day and Lance and Ryne love being underneath when it "rains". It'll take another week to be done...one more layer to go I think and then we'll have to paint it later. But then the outside will be DONE! We'll have a beautiful covered patio for the remainder of the summer!!! WOOT!
And the side view.
I have a few more pics...we had the drywall delivered today so *hopefully* they'll start on that tomorrow. And Brendan and Eric have been painting the eves. In another week it should really look like rooms on the inside...dare I hope?!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment